Monday, March 5, 2012

Chapter One Complete!

So I managed to finish Chapter One on my Trooper Commando over the weekend after overcoming yet another system bug. I finished questing through Alderaan, went back to Coruscant to visit with my grandma the general, and then was told to go find Tavus on a ship in the middle of nowhere.

So much like my issue with Tatooine, the ship that I'm supposed to find Tavus on also isn't appearing on my galaxy map.

So far, the only way that I've been able to find to correct this is to switch to my desktop at home to move my Trooper to where he needs to go. Unfortunately, if I'm traveling, that may mean that it could be a week before I'm able to resume work on that particular character.

I did finally get a response from SWTOR customer service to my three tickets on my Tatooine issue after about a month. The response was basically - we noticed you figured out a way around your issue, so these tickets are now closed. Apparently the folks at Bioware are not at all interested in figuring out what the actual problem was and solving it.

It's sort of a shame in a way, because for someone who is generally an altoholic, this is a really fantastic game. The quests are both more interesting and more challenging than their WoW counterparts, and the class quests give the questing experience a lot of potential for variety.

I would likely be playing SWTOR a lot more than I am if it wasn't for the overall buginess of the gameplay and the fact that it continues to run really badly on my laptop.

So at least for now, it will continue to be something that I play mostly on the side. I will likely be getting a new laptop in another month or two, so we'll see if that improves the gameplay issues at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment